Siam Partners Sdn Bhd (SPSB) is committed to protect the privacy of individuals who visit the website and who make use of the on-line facilities. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy, we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
The policy can be easily accessible via a link at the bottom of our web page.
Collection of information
1. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that SPSB may collect about you includes:
name, gender, date of birth and age;
identification information, including signature, driver’s licence number and student identification number;
contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers;
details of a family member you register for an in-store event, competition or promotion, including name and age;
details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences;
vehicle number plate details;
employer or business details;
financial information, including bank and cheque account details and credit card details, and information about your credit history, and
if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
2. The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
if you purchase or order any product from us;
if you contact SPSB, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund, or to attend an event;
if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to SPSB;
if you hire equipment from our stores where we supply that equipment as agent for a third party, that third party may share your hire details with us;
if you interact with SPSB via social networking services;
if you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or use any of our online applications;
if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
if you apply for a credit account with SPSB;
if you undertake any of SPSB’s induction, safety or compliance processes; or
if you submit an employment application to us.
3. We may also collect personal information about you from:
publicly available sources, including from Malaysian Government agencies, internet search platforms and social media platforms;
any person authorised to act on your behalf or authorised to provide your personal information to SPSB;
credit reporting bodies and other credit providers, if you apply for a credit account with SPSB;
any persons you nominate, if you submit an employment application to us; and our related companies.
Use and disclosure of personal information
4. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
5. SPSB may use your personal information:
to charge you for products and services we provide to you and to prepare invoices and sales records for such purchases;
to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
to deliver our products and services to you;
to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us
to provide refunds and exchanges;
to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
to undertake product recalls;
to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis;
to determine your product or service preferences and preferred store locations;
in the case of our suppliers or service providers, to manage the provision of products and services to us;
to monitor customer traffic in our stores and identify high traffic areas or frequently visited locations in our stores;
to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
to assess any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection in our stores (including car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
for purposes directly related to any of the above.
6. We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and installers;
third parties, if you hire equipment from us which we supply as an agent for that third party;
marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with SPSB’s marketing, advertising and events;
third parties who provide services to SPSB in connection with our business operations, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
credit reporting agencies and other credit providers, to assist in assessing any application that you make to us for a credit account, of any nature;
third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to SPSB in connection with our business, including for example financial institutions, security services providers, market research companies, IT service providers, payment processors and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
SPSB’s professional advisers, where required to enable any such adviser to provide services to SPSB;
third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of the law or fraudulent activities
law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
related companies of SPSB
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
Marketing and advertising
As part of SPSB’s functions and business activities and to promote the services we can provide to you, SPSB may use and disclose to third parties personal information that you have provided to us for the purposes of advertising (including online behavioural advertising) and direct marketing. We may engage third parties to assist us in ensuring that the marketing and advertising we provide is of interest to you. Direct marketing includes, but is not limited to, SPSB or third parties sending to you and/or contacting you directly in relation to promotions and information about SPSB’s products and services. Generally, we will provide direct marketing to you where you have requested or consented to receive such information. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing communications by using the opt-out link or details provided in the direct marketing communication.
Security and storage
11. SPSB will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
12. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, SPSB cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to SPSB over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
13. You have the right under applicable Malaysia’s Personal Data Protection Act 2010 to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by SPSB, at no cost to you.
Siam Partners Sdn Bhd
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
15. SPSB may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
16. If SPSB refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if SPSB refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Questions and complaints
17. If you have a question or complaint about this policy, SPSB’s collection of your personal information or the way in which SPSB deals with your personal information, please contact us directly.
18. We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve that complaint within 30 days from the date of complaint.
Changes to this policy
19. SPSB may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website. The current version of this policy will always be available on our website.